Thursday 24 November 2016

Shower in a gerry can



As I write this I am terribly hot and sweaty. I could see my shiny reflection in my laptop screen while it booted – it’s a terrible sight! Emma and I have taken to going for pre breakfast runs on a morning (which, to be fair, necessitate a pre pre breakfast snack because neither of us can run on an empty stomach) hence the hot and sweaty sight. Today when we came back from our run, I jumped into the shower, only to find that there was no water there to accompany me. This was a terrible moment! It was only 8am but I’d already managed to work up a sweat and it was currently running off me in a rather disgusting fashion. Just as I was half way through a ‘baby wipe shower’ I was presented with a plastic basin and a Gerry can full of water. (I’m not 100% sure what the basin was for as I've been told that I'm supposed simply to tip the cold Gerry can full of water all over me). The most difficult part is washing your face, because I can’t lift the can with 1 hand (it's too big), there can be no dainty splashing of water onto the temples, instead there’s just a torrent poured straight into your face. I'd like to be the hardened traveller by now but I did let out an involuntary shriek when the cold water first washed over me, which amused the girls next door.


No comments:

Post a Comment