Tuesday 1 December 2015

Specsavers are trialling a new way of boosting customer confidence


If the first trip to Specsavers was odd, the second one was at least as surprising. When I went to pick up my glasses little did I know that the sight of me in my new frames would be the least of my worries.

The guy that was fitting them for me was clearly not an optician himself, maybe an aspiring one. He was chatty though, what was my name, how old was I, what were my hobbies…(Crikey, he’s been well trained in making small talk. I tried to help him out by returning his questions)…where do I work, am I single? (Shit,) If I’m honest (which I am), then I am single. “Oh,” he said, “I’m surprised”. How on earth am I supposed to respond to that?! Here are a few options:
          ‘Oh yes, I’m surprised too’
          ‘If you knew me you wouldn’t be surprised’
          ‘No really, I prefer it that way, it’s more convenient’
I hate to say it but I went for the latter. I just didn’t have time to think of anything better! If anyone does know what the correct answer to this question is I’d love to know! I left pretty rapidly after this, which was unfortunate as I was there for a reason (to get my glasses adjusted to fit my face) and forgot about it in my haste to leave. Within 24 hours I was forced to admit that this was an important part of the process and now I have to book a repeat appointment for the following weekend. This is super awkward.


No comments:

Post a Comment