Sunday 27 December 2015

The old man of Monaco



The band in the club played covers of other peoples’ songs and did so incredibly well. It all started with Avichi and we were reassured from that point forwards. At one point I realised that the guitarist was playing his instrument behind his head. It amazed me as I’ve never seen this done anywhere more proximal than youtube before but this chap was lose enough to touch. Despite the expensive drinks, Monaco wasn't all bad.
However, the real star of the show (beyond the Dutch guy upstaging the band by standing in front of them and with his truly epic air guitar) was an elderly man who seemed to be by himself. He was probably about 75 years old and was tearing up the dancefloor. When it came to getting low he was just as able as I was! Dressed in a shirt and tie, I couldn't work out if he was a rich tax evader or a cute old granddad. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and humoured him but in hindsight I think he probably had a bit of cash to burn as you can’t get hip, joint and knee replacements like that on the NHS!

#ClareInMonaco

No comments:

Post a Comment