Wednesday 26 October 2016

Moses' Karaoke Bus



My team here think it’s very funny that I allow them to get into over full cars. Yesterday we had 10 of us in a 7-seater car (which I don’t think of as a particularly remarkable event, though it was a very tight squeeze). For my part, I’m just pleased that I have a chance to prove to them that I’m not always beating them over the head with a rule book. We have a favourite driver called Moses, who is sweet, if not a little bit over keen on the girls. He drove us home last night after our Mexican meal. For some reason Ibrahim (a very chirpy volunteer from Palestine. He loves to chat and is always smiling) managed to convince him to sing to us because there was no radio. The whole bus was quieted while we listened to Moses sing to us in Arabic. From the back where I was sat, it was hard to hear him over the sound of the tires hitting the potholes. When he’d finished he requested that the girls in the bus should now sing to him but Ibra informed him that we were all married and we weren't allowed to sing. What’s more, no one had fewer than 5 children. 

Never before has male ownership seemed so funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment